Sustainable Energy Development Authority of Malaysia
Sustainable Energy Development Authority of Malaysia (SEDA Malaysia) is a statutory body formed under the Sustainable Energy Development Authority Act 2011. The key role of SEDA Malaysia is to administer and manage the implementation of the feed-in tariff mechanism which is mandated under the Renewable Energy Act 2011.
We are looking for a talented, dedicated, passionate, innovative and highly motivated Malaysian to join us as a Legal Advisor. This will be an opportunity for you to play a part in developing the renewable energy industry and in the enforcement of the Renewable Energy Act 2011. If you value a fast-paced atmosphere in a start-up environment with outstanding colleagues dedicated to developing the renewable energy industry, this is the place for you.
Potential candidates must possess the following:
presentable and confident;
assertive and at the same time diplomatic and tact.
meticulous in their work, with strong attention to details;
highly analytical and methodical;
ability to work under pressure and with all levels of society;
accountable and quick in decision making; and
highly results driven with a strong sense of urgency.
Those with experience in the power generation sector or in renewable energy will be highly advantageous. Technical requirements for the post are as follows:
• Degree or Master’s degree in law or legal;
• At least 7 years working experience in a related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ involvement in government regulatory frameworks; prosecution and drafting of legislations in particular;
• Experience in reviewing, preparing and drafting legal instruments such as Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs), contract documents and subsidiary legislations;
• Experience or have ability to lead in all legal aspects required in enforcement and prosecution;
• Able to provide legal advice on a broad range of subject matter;
• Well versed in spoken and written Malay and English;
• Experience in drafting normative documents, power agreements and energy related regulatory documents and having knowledge of the best solutions available in the region, and
• Knowledge of policy, law, the Malaysia Electricity Supply Industry and renewable energy would be highly advantageous.
HOW TO APPLY
Kindly click here for further details of the recruitment. Application can be made by emailing to email@example.com or via snail mail to the address below. Please state the position applied for and kindly attach your resume or personal details with the application.
Chief Executive Officer
Sustainable Energy Development Authority of Malaysia (SEDA Malaysia)
Galeria PjH, Level 9, Jalan P4W, Persiaran Perdana
Presint 4, 62100 Putrajaya
Closing date: 20 August 2012
a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
b) Applicants who do not receive any notice within a month from the closing date will be considered as unsuccessful.